ADDED ON: 2023-09-08
PLATFORM: windows 64-bit
DESCRIPTION: Text editor for programmers. Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ v8.5.7 bug-fixes and new features:
1. Fix 4 security issues CVE-2023-40031, CVE-2023-40036, CVE-2023-40164 & CVE-2023-40166.
2. Security enhancement: Sign uninstall.exe.
3. Change the slogan in installer.
4. Fix eventual memory leak while reading Utf8-16 files.
5. Fix dragging tab performance issue while Document List is displayed.
6. Add supperss 2GB file warning option for x64.
7. Fix cloned document disassociated issue after Notepad++ being relaunched.
8. Fix session file saving problem if it's read-only.
9. Fix activating wrong file(s) issue after loading session file.
10. Fix wrong product version value displayed in file's properties.
MORE INFO: [web]