AMD has published a new graphics driver for all modern Radeon graphics cards. Adrenalin 23.9.1 supports Radeon RX 7900, RX 7700, RX 7600, RX 6000, RX 5000, RX 500, RX 400 and RX Vega graphics cards. Radeon for laptop are also supported (RX 6800M, RX 6700M, RX 6600M, RX 6500M, RX 6300M, RX 5700M/5600M/5500M/5300M, and 600 Series Graphics).
Today, AMD has officially launched the Radeon RX 7800 Xt and the Radeon RX 7700 XT. And instead of adding those new graphics cards in Adrenalin 23.9.1, there is separate Adrenalin 23.9.1 for RX 7800 XT and RX 7700 XT and, of course, this driver does not support other cards! I love AMD for that!!!
Changes in Adrenalin 23.9.1:
New Feature Highlights
– AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag+ – Takes responsive gaming to the next level by introducing per-game profiling to intelligently pace frames further reducing input lag on RDNA 3 based Radeon GPUs. For more information about game support click HERE.
– AMD Radeon™ Boost – Now supports AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag+ and improves image quality through awareness of mouse sensitivity, reducing the image quality impact of dynamic resolution switching during motion—typically seen with high-DPI mice.
— AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.9.1 introduces AMD Radeon™ Boost support for Resident Evil™ 4 Remake and Ghostwire™: Tokyo, which delivers extra performance and increased responsiveness with little perceived impact to quality.
– AMD HYPR-RX – Introducing a new driver experience that allows users to optimize their games using AMD Software features for their RDNA 3 based Radeon GPUs, achieving increased performance and lower latency with ease.
– AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.9.1 introduces the ability to intelligently combine AMD Radeon Anti-Lag+, Boost, and Radeon Super Resolution to achieve improved performance and latency reduction than these features can achieve on their own.
– Error message may be observed when selecting Spatial sound format of Dolby Atmos for home theatre.
- latest Adrenalin version for win10/win11 64-bit @ Geeks3D
- v23.9.1 RX 7800 XT / 7700 XT downloads + release notes @ AMD
- v23.9.1 downloads + release notes @ AMD
Quick driver information
GPU Caps Viewer + RX 7900 XT
Adrenalin 23.9.1 exposes OpenGL 4.6 and 324 extensions (core profile) for a Radeon RX 7900 XT on Windows 10. This is the same support than Adrenalin 23.7.2.
GL_RENDERER: AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT GL_VENDOR: ATI Technologies Inc. GL_VERSION: 4.6.0 Core Profile Context 184.108.40.206821 OpenGL extensions: 324
# of Vulkan devices: 1 - Device 1 - name: AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT - device type: VK_PHYSICAL_DEVICE_TYPE_DISCRETE_GPU - device ID: 1002-744C - API version: 1.3.250 - VK_KHR_driver_properties information: - driverName: AMD proprietary driver - driverID_str: VK_DRIVER_ID_AMD_PROPRIETARY_KHR - driverID: 1 - conformanceVersion: 220.127.116.11 - driverInfo: 23.9.1 (LLPC) - # of extensions: 163