AMD has published a new WHQL graphics driver for Radeon-based graphics cards on Windows 10 and Windows 11. Adrenalin 22.3.1 brings the following changes:
– Radeon Super Resolution (RSR) Technology – RSR is an in-driver spatial upscaling feature that is built on the same algorithm as AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution technology. It delivers near-native resolution and increased performance across thousands of games that run in exclusive full screen mode on AMD RDNA-based and newer discrete graphics.
– AMD Link – Updated AMD Link Play feature now allows up to four users to connect to an AMD Radeon graphics-powered PC from an Android- or Windows-based PC, phone, tablet or TV to play local multiplayer games. AMD Link is also introducing customizable hotkeys, allowing gamers to use their devices to control their gaming experience. AMD Link is now accessible from the Microsoft store and can be downloaded as a standalone application on non-AMD based PCs, inviting an even wider range of users and hardware to join a personal gaming cloud.
– Radeon Image Sharpening (RIS) – Bringing crispness and clarity to in-game visuals that have been softened by upscaling and post-process, the latest version of RIS can now be used to enhance visuals in video playback and other productivity applications with a single click.
– Faster Downloads – Saves time and reduces the driver download size when updating AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition directly from the application, downloading and installing only the files that need updating on the PC.
– Improved Toast Notifications – Provides users with a clearer snapshot on which key features are enabled or disabled whenever they launch a game.
– On some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon RX 6800 XT Graphics, the Tuning page within AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition may display incorrect preset selections after installing the latest AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition driver.
– While playing Forza Horizon 5 on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon RX 6800 Graphics, longer than expected load times may be experienced when Ray Tracing is enabled and set at either Medium or High Ray Tracing Quality setting.
– Visual artifacts may be observed while playing It Takes Two on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon RX 6900 XT Graphics.
– Enabling Radeon Chill for SteamVR may lead to inconsistent performances being experienced.
Radeon Software Adrenalin Downloads
Quick driver information
Introducing: AMD Radeon Super Resolution
Introducing Radeon Super Resolution and FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.0
RSR is powered by FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.0:
Adrenalin 22.3.1 exposes OpenGL 4.6 and 330 extensions for a Radeon RX 6800 XT. This support is similar to Adrenalin 21.5.2.
- GL_VENDOR: ATI Technologies Inc. - GL_RENDERER: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT - GL_VERSION: 4.6.14800 Compatibility Profile/Debug Context 22.3.1 30.0.15002.1004 - GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: 4.60 - OpenGL Extensions: 330 extensions (GL=305 and WGL=25)
Adrenalin 22.3.1 exposes Vulkan 1.3.203. This support is similar to Adrenalin 22.2.1.
- name: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT - deviceID: 1002-73BF (4098-29631) - API version (raw): 4206795 - API version: 1.3.203 - # of extensions: 141