||NVIDIA has officially introduced during the GTC 2015 keynote the new super gaming graphics card: the GeForce GTX TITAN X. This new beast is based on the second generation of Maxwell GPU but this time it’s the big version: the GM200. This big GPU comes with a whoooopping 12GB of VRAM! The price of TITAN is also big: USD $999.|
The GM200 can be seen as GTX 980 GM204‘s big brother but it’s not a pure computing GPU because of the limited FP64 (double precision floating point):
– GTX TITAN X / GM200: FP64 = 1/32 FP32
– GTX TITAN / GK110: FP64 = 1/3 FP32
So if you have ton of FP64 computing needs, the previous gen GK110 TITAN (and TITAN Black) is still the right choice.
Main features of the GTX TITAN X:
- GPU: GM200 @ 1000MHz (base clock) and 1075MHz (boost clock), TSMC 28nm, 8 billion transitor
- CUDA cores: 3072
- FP64 = 1/32 FP32
- ROPs: 96
- Texture units: 192
- Memory: 12GB GDDR5 @ 7GHz effective speed (1750 MHz real speed), bus width: 384-bit
- TDP: 250W
- Power connectors: 8-pin + 6-pin
Performance in OpenGL 4 tessellation with TessMark
3 thoughts on “NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X Launched (GM200 and 12GB VRAM)”
TessMark – what are settings (resolution, AA…)???
Nvidia Quadro M6000.
Comments are closed.