- 1 – GeeXLab 0.3.3 Overview
- 2 – GeeXLab 0.3.3 Download
- 3 – What is GeeXLab?
- 4 – GeeXLab 0.3.3 Changelog
1 – GeeXLab 0.3.3 Release Highlights
A new update of GeeXLab is available. This is certainly the last release of 2011. The main new feature of GeeXLab 0.3.3 is the suppport of OpenGL 4.2 atomic counters. I’m writing a short article and demo about this topic, it should be online shortly.
2 – GeeXLab 0.3.3 Download
You can download GeeXLab here:
GeeXLab 0.3.3 – Win32 installer / setup:
Remark: two versions are packed in the installer: GeeXLab_Lua and GeeXLab_Python_Lua. The version of GeeXLab with Python support requires the Python 2.6 32-bit installer (or Python 2.7 32-bit installer or Python 3.2 32-bit) even on 64-bit OSes.
The code samples pack is available HERE.
Shader library is available HERE.
All GeeXLab news including tutorials and demos: GeeXLab News.
GeeXLab support forums are available HERE (french) and HERE (english).
For Twitter addicts, you can follow GeeXLab tweets here: @GeeXLab.
3 – What is GeeXLab?
GeeXLab is a tool (we can call it a demotool) for quick coding and prototyping of real time 3D scenes. GeeXLab can be seen as a real time 3D scene browser (like Firefox for html scripts). You code your 3D scene in one or several source code files, you load the main scene file in GeeXLab and GeeXLab displays the scene. That’s all. GeeXLab language uses a simple mixture of XML, Lua and/or Python and GLSL. All rendering is done with the OpenGL API. And thanks to the live coding feature, GeeXLab allows to tweak the scene in an interactive manner. For an overview of GeeXLab, just read this article.
Live coding in GeeXLab
4 – GeeXLab 0.3.3 Changelog
- New: added AtomicCounterSetBufferId(), AtomicCounterActivateBuffer() and AtomicCounterDeactivateBuffer() to HYP_Object lib (Python and Lua).
- New: added AtomicCounter_CreateBuffer(), AtomicCounter_KillBuffer(), AtomicCounter_Activate(), AtomicCounter_Deactivate() and AtomicCounter_SetValue()
to HYP_Renderer lib (Python and Lua).
- New: added orbit_mode_min_magnitude attribute in camera node (xml) and SetOrbitMinMagnitude() to HYP_Camera lib (Python and Lua).
- Change: improved the startup options dialog box (PRO version).
2 thoughts on “GeeXLab 0.3.3 Released, Atomic Counters Support added (OpenGL 4.2)”
image caption: “Lice coding in GeeXLab”
Lice? – no wonder it’s on windows – lol
seriously though, if it’s OPEN gl where is the Linux/muc/win release ?
Lice… fixed 😉
Linux version is in the works…
Comments are closed.