AMD released yesterday the WHQL certified version of Catalyst 11.8. Cat 11.8 is still an OpenGL 4.1 driver. For a preview of OpenGL 4.2 support, try this one. For the complete list of OpenGL extensions, see this post.
Catalyst 11.8 Downloads:
Other downloads can be found here.
- AMD Overdrive has been enhanced to include both CPU and GPU over-clocking controls within the AMD Vision Control Center
- CPU over-clocking is only supported on AMD Black edition CPUs
- Improves performance up to 10% in Crysis 2 DirectX 11 version for both non-Anti-Aliasing, and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
- Improves performance up to 8% in Fear 3 DirectX 11 version with application enabled Anti-Aliasing on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
- Improves performance up to 30% when AMD’s Morphological Anti-Aliasing (MLAA) is enabled through the Catalyst™ Control Center on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
- Improves performance up to 20% in Call of Duty Black Operations for single GPU and Multi-GPU configurations on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
Catalyst 11.8, CCC software information
GPU Caps Viewer information
4 thoughts on “AMD Catalyst 11.8 WHQL Released”
You forgot to rename the links, they still say 10.7.
Hmm AMD overdrive does not seem to find my Phenom II.
Thanks Leith, as usual!
Only reason I can think of that it misses my CPU is than it is a X3 with the 4th core unlocked via BIOS.
I will submit a feedback form and see if they fix it next version.
AMD certainly has the upper hand over NVIDIA and Intel considering they can integrate all their software components seamlessly.
i don’t think that catalyst software can even detect softmoding of the 4th core.
I think it’s better related to catalyst issue ..think they ‘ll fix that in the next version .
Comments are closed.