Catalyst 10.8 + HD 5870 + GPU Caps Viewer
AMD has just released the August 2010 edition of Catalyst graphics drivers. According to the release notes, here are the new things:
- OpenGL ES 2.0 support: ATI Catalyst 10.8 delivers full support for OpenGL ES 2.0 specification. Enables 3D accelerated graphics within a web browser that supports OpenGL ES 2.0. Supported on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
- Video Quality default options
- Performance enhancement for Eyefinity Quad ATI CrossFireX configurations
- Anti-Aliasing support for StarCraft II
There are also minor performance improvements (5%) in Far Cry 2, Left 4 Dead 2 and Stormrise…
Maybe I missed this part in the release notes, but there’s no mention of OpenGL bugfixes, especially the one related to tessellation with the Radeon HD 5870:
Catalyst 10.7 + HD 5870 + TessMark
I just tested and now, TessMark works fine with my HD 5870. I will publish tomorrow a complete comparative table for TessMark 😉
Since we mention OpenGL, Catalyst 10.8 are still an OpenGL 4.0 driver and there is no new extension. So for a complete OpenGL extensions list, see Catalyst 10.7 news.
Other useful info from GPU Caps Viewer:
– Drivers Version: 8.762.0.0 – Catalyst 10.8 (8-3-2010) – atig6pxx.dll
– ATI Catalyst Version String: 10.8
– ATI Catalyst Release Version String: 8.762-100803a-103691C-ATI
– OpenGL Version: 4.0.10151 Compatibility Profile/Debug Context
– GLSL (OpenGL Shading Language) Version: 4.00
As usual, you can download Catalyst 10.8 from these links:
- Catalyst 10.7 Win7 64-bit
- Catalyst 10.7 Win7 32-bit
- Catalyst 10.7 Vista 64-bit
- Catalyst 10.7 Vista 32-bit
- Catalyst 10.7 WinXP 64-bit
- Catalyst 10.7 WinXP 32-bit
9 thoughts on “[Graphics Drivers] ATI Catalyst 10.8 Available”
Waiting for tessmark! 🙂
Just got back from vacation and will be testing on my 460 and 5850s as well.
im so glad i got away from team red…their drivers are a joke (and very unfunny at best!)
how long has the 5xxx series been out? over a year…and they still waiting for a deicent driver set?
back when i was with team red and had a 3870, it took them 2 driver revisions to totally stuff things up to the point where the card would artifact in every game. and cause driver stop responding alot..i had to underclock the card to get it to run correctly. or go back to cat8.9s!
I waited close to 2 years for some opengl extentions to be added, and then had to put up with crap performance until they got optimised..usually months down the track
ok that my rant for the day…ill shut up now!
And still no sign of OpenCL.dll embedded in the drivers…
yep, still no OpenCL support sucks… but at least, tessellation works now on HD 58xx!
Pingback: ATI Southern Islands Codenames in Cat 10.8: CAYMAN, ANTILLES, BLACKCOMB… - 3D Tech News, Pixel Hacking, Data Visualization and 3D Programming - Geeks3D.com
Pingback: [TessMark] OpenGL 4 Tessellation Benchmark: Comparative Table - 3D Tech News, Pixel Hacking, Data Visualization and 3D Programming - Geeks3D.com
Pingback: Geeks3D Weekly Round-up (2010.08.28) - 3D Tech News, Pixel Hacking, Data Visualization and 3D Programming - Geeks3D.com
ah worst driver scalig problem on start windows i have to set always in ccc ..fail
Pingback: ATI Catalyst 10.8b HotFix - 3D Tech News, Pixel Hacking, Data Visualization and 3D Programming - Geeks3D.com
Comments are closed.