GPU Caps Viewer 1.8.9 is available HERE.
A new update of GPU Caps Viewer is ready. This new version is essentially a maintenance release with minor changes and bugfixes.
You can download GPU Caps Viewer 1.8.8 here:
Webmasters: hotlinking is not allowed, please use the post url as download link.
I tested all OpenCL demos with the latest ATI Stream v2.1 + HD 5870: all demos are ok. I also tested the demos with NVIDIA R258.96 + GTX 480: all demos are ok (R259.96 is an OpenCL 1.0 driver).
NVIDIA has released an OpenCL 1.1 driver (R258.19) and all CL demos work fine except the Julia 4D: the demo crashes in the OpenCL function clBuildProgram() (if a NV’s CL team member stumbles on this post, the Julia 4D kernel is available in the folder media in GPU Caps directory).
In the OpenGL side, the extensions are now read with the new query mechanism. I also added in the OpenGL panel the number of GL and WGL extensions:
In the main panel (GPU / CPU), a new button is available and allows to launch an advanced GPU monitoring tool. By default the GPU monitoring tool is GPU-Shark but you can change it. Just add the tool you wish in GPU Caps folder and rename it in gpu.exe.
What is GPU Caps Viewer?
GPU Caps Viewer is an information utility focused on the OpenGL / OpenCL / CUDA API level support of the main graphics card. Even if you have several graphics cards in your system, only one is considered as the main OpenGL or Direct3D device. For OpenCL and CUDA, GPU Caps Viewer details the API support of each capable device. More information about GPU Caps Viewer can be found HERE.
GPU Caps Viewer 1.8.8 changelog
- New: added the support of GTX 465 and 460.
- New: a button to launch an advanced GPU monitoring tool has been added in the first panel (GPU/CPU).
- New: in OpenGL panel, the number of GL and WGL extensions is displayed.
- New: added new subvendors: Zotac, Palit and Gigabyte.
- Change: OpenGL extensions are now fetched with the method described here
- Change: now the max values of CPU, memory and shader (shader: NV only) clocks and VDDC are displayed for Radeon and GeForce cards.
- Change: minor updates in the code of the OpenCL demos for a good working with latest NV and AMD drivers.
- Bugfix: in the first panel, only the features of first OpenCL device are displayed.
- Update: compiled with the latest version of ZoomGPU and GLEW.
10 thoughts on “GPU Caps Viewer 1.8.8 Available”
still having an issue with the OpenCL demos running on the 2nd card..other ocl apps are running as expected..
some shots showing gpu usage on 2nd card..
Yep, I don’t know why but I hardcoded all OpenCL demos to run OpenCL kernels on the last GPU. I didn’t noticed that! Ok I change to use the first GPU… Thanks for this report.
Okay a new option has been added to select the GPU for the OpenCL kernel. By default the GPU 0 is used. This change is available in version 1.8.9 that will be released next week.
the 25X.XX drivers give me a lot of problems with OpenCL. I’ll stay with the 197 by now.
cool beans..thanks again JeGX
Pingback: GPU Caps Viewer ra mắt phiên bản mới 1.8.8 « vozExpress
Pingback: ATI Catalyst 10.7 Available with Three New OpenGL Extensions - 3D Tech News, Pixel Hacking, Data Visualization and 3D Programming - Geeks3D.com
Don’t forget to add OpenGL 4.1 😀
Pingback: [GPU Tool] GPU Caps Viewer 1.8.9 with OpenGL 4.1 and Better OpenCL Support - 3D Tech News, Pixel Hacking, Data Visualization and 3D Programming - Geeks3D.com
Comments are closed.