A beta version of ATI Catalyst 10.3 is available. You can grab this beta version HERE.
Here are some information retrieved with GPU Caps Viewer:
– Drivers Version: 8.710.3.0 – Catalyst 10.2 (2-5-2010) – atig6pxx.dll
– ATI Catalyst Release Version String: 8.71.3-100205a-095620E
– OpenGL Version: 3.2.9606 Compatibility Profile Context
– GLSL (OpenGL Shading Language) Version: 1.50
– CL_DRIVER_VERSION: CAL 1.4.556
The number version has not been updated and is still 10.2 like HERE.
There is no new OpenGL extension so this list (181 extensions) is still valid.
I tested some OpenGL and OpenCL demos included in GPU Caps Viewer without problem (on a Radeon HD 5770 + Win 7 64-bit):
Catalyst 10.3 – GPU Caps Viewer OpenGL and OpenCL demos
3 thoughts on “ATI Catalyst 10.3 BETA – Quick Test”
I began to have some graphics artifacts (missing quads on triangle edges) with the new 10.x drivers in the following situation:
1) draw scene using the depth render-texture as z-buffer;
2) transform projective depth to linear by reading a first depth render-texture and writing to the second render-texture;
3) continue scene drawing using first depth render-texture as z-buffer.
Artifacts appears on the 3-rd step because of 2-nd step.
9.12 driver and some older versions are free from such behavior.
It’s all about OpenGL.
I want to see ATi fix their stinking OpenGL string. 188.8.131.5251? How about what it really is? 3.2.XXXX? Why not just make it 1337.-FOMG-OPTIMIZE if you aint gunna put in the right version string. lol
Pingback: ATI Catalyst 10.3a Preview Available - 3D Tech News, Pixel Hacking, Data Visualization and 3D Programming - Geeks3D.com
Comments are closed.